'Out in the World' VIDEO
Study Away Q+A with LGBTQ+ Identifying Duke Students
Interested in studying abroad but have questions about LGBTQIA+ topics in an international context? In this video, a panel of Duke students who have studied abroad talk about their experience as an LGBTQIA+ identifying person outside of the U.S.
- Yash Bajaj (Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel)
- Tala Fakhoury (Duke Pratt in Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica)
- Janelle Taylor (University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia)
- Shom Tiwari (SIT/IHP – Climate Change: The Politics of Food, Water, and Energy)
More 'Ask Away' Resources
This video is part of Ask Away: Q+A with Duke Students about Study Away, a series of events and resources to help students interested in study away connect with alumni of the programs.
GEO AMBASSADOR DIRECTORY
The GEO Ambassador Directory is a master spreadsheet of study away alumni who have offered their contact info to Duke students seeking advice. Filter by program, country, major, graduation year, and even special topics related to study away.
GEO PEER ADVISORS
GEO Peer Advisors are available for informal, drop-in advising – no appointment needed.
STUDENT IDENTITY PANELS
Alumni of study away programs offer their perspectives via in-person panel discussions:
- The Black Experience Abroad
- Women's Experience Abroad
- 'Out in the World' LGBTQIA+ Student Panel
- The Asian Experience Abroad
View the GEO events calendar for details.
Watch more Duke student videos on the 'Ask Away' YouTube playlist.