Duke University has varying agreements with sponsored institutions.
Students sponsored by institutions with which Duke University has a signed undergraduate affiliation agreement may be admitted for a semester or academic year of studies according to the terms of the agreement.
Admissions requirements are the same for all VIS applicants, including students from partner universities. In addition to the normal application materials for the VIS Program, all partner institution students must submit a letter of nomination from their home institution.
Special agreements exist at the undergraduate level between Duke University and the following institutions and organizations:
- Freie University (Berlin)
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques (Paris)
- Humboldt University (Berlin)
- Shandong University—Taishan College (China)
- Wuhan University (China)
- Nanjing University (China)
- Japan Study Abroad Foundation
- International Christian University (Japan)
Don’t see your university on the Global Partner list?
Applicants not affiliated with one of Duke's VIS Global Partners are advised to apply for fall semester only, as there is limited space available for academic year students.