Program Recommendations by Area of Study
Find Study Away Programs Based on Your Academic Interests
Are you looking to take classes in a specific academic area while on study away? We have compiled the following list of Academic Areas to get you started. Please note that not all majors or academic areas offered at Duke are listed.
Click on the links below to find a list of programs that may fit your academic interests. The results include Duke-In and Duke-Approved programs, for both summer and semester terms.
- These lists will be updated on a regular basis as the academic content of programs changes.
- To see if a non-Duke course is already approved for transfer credit, please use the GEO Approved Courses Database: courses.globaled.duke.edu
- To request approval for any courses not listed in the database (see above), please follow the steps outlined here: https://globaled.duke.edu/academics/course_approval
- In some cases, a school or program is not listed under a specific Area of Study because their course offerings in that Area are not very robust. However, these programs/schools may still offer occasional classes in this Area.
- We cannot guarantee that all classes offered on these programs/at these universities will count towards a Duke major, minor, or certificate. For questions regarding how transfer credit may fit into major/minor requirements, please contact the Director of Undergraduate Study (DUS) for your department.
GEO advisors can help you determine the right program based on your academic goals, and assist with the transfer credit approval process. Visit globaled.duke.edu/advising to make an appointment with a GEO advisor.
Areas of Study
- Note that classes that transfer to Duke as Neuroscience frequently are taught in the following subject areas abroad: Pharmacology, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Psychiatry