From late October through March, you may not be able to schedule an appointment with a study away advisor right away. Advisors open their calendars for appointments 3-4 weeks in advance, which is why you may not see any availability when you attempt to book an appointment. Please keep checking back, as there are often cancellations, and new appointments will open up through the end of the semester.
In the meantime, please review the following resources on the GEO website that will help answer your questions and better prepare you for your appointment. We strongly recommend that you become familiar with these resources before your advising appointment so that there will be more time to answer your specific questions.
Study Away Advising Web Resources
- Advice on how to choose a program: https://globaled.duke.edu/programs
- List of Duke In programs: https://globaled.duke.edu/programs/all_programs
- List of Duke Approved programs: https://globaled.duke.edu/programs/duke-approved-programs
- Look for the Advanced Search button at the top that is very helpful in narrowing down this long list!
- Program recommendations by major: https://globaled.duke.edu/student-experience/by-major
- GEO Approved Course Database: https://courses.globaled.duke.edu/
- Browse a searchable database of pre-approved courses for study away. If you have a specific course or subject area you would like to take as part of your study away experience, you can find a program that will offer you that credit. Note that this database is not comprehensive and you can request transfer credit approval for courses not currently listed in the database.
- Advice from students: https://globaled.duke.edu/advising/ask-a-student
- Find the schedule for Study Away Peer Advising, lists of study away ambassadors and past participants, and videos.
- Information on applying, including application guides for Duke In and Duke Approved programs: https://globaled.duke.edu/apply
We look forward to meeting with you to discuss your study away options, and thank you for your patience during our busiest time of the year!